Airport welcomes new Stansted Express operator
STANSTED Airport welcomed the new operator of the Stansted Express rail service at a launch event on Monday (February 6).
Greater Anglia began running the airport to London Liverpool Street service on Sunday. It will operate from February 2012 to mid-2014.
Stansted Airport’s managing director, Nick Barton, said the new franchise was good news for airport passengers.
“With new trains leaving every 15 minutes to and from central London, the Stansted Express offers an excellent connection to the capital. The Stansted Express will play a key role in giving our passengers an excellent first impression of both Stansted Airport and the UK as a whole.”
Managing director of Greater Anglia, Ruud Haket, said: “With the new trains serving the airport we are confident that we can offer a comfortable, fast and reliable route for customers travelling to and from Stansted.”
You may also want to watch:
He added that new ticket purchase routes and an upgraded first class ticket offer, including newspaper and beverages, would be launched in May.
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 6 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 7 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40