HUNDREDS of people turned out to visit Saffron Walden Model Railway Club s annual exhibition at the URC and Salvation Army Halls on Saturday. The sunshine brought out a large crowd, well up on last year. Eight model railways in various gauges were on sh
HUNDREDS of people turned out to visit Saffron Walden Model Railway Club's annual exhibition at the URC and Salvation Army Halls on Saturday.
The sunshine brought out a large crowd, well up on last year.
Eight model railways in various gauges were on show including layouts from the Chelmsford and Sudbury clubs.
Club chairman, Julian Nettle, said: "A big thank you to the club members, visiting layouts, our trade stands and the ladies of the URC and Salvation Army for their help.
You may also want to watch:
"Of course we must also thank the people of Saffron Walden for supporting our exhibition once again this year. We've already booked the halls for next year."
Christopher Oram, 12 of West Wickham won the 'name the layout' competition.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 5 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 6 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 9 More restrictions set to be scrapped in Boris Johnson's winter Covid plan
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
The O-gauge layout currently being completed by members of Saffron Walden Model Railway Club will be named 'Saffron Green'.