All Aboard for National Bookstart Week at Saffron Walden Library
SAFFRON Walden Library will be celebrating National Bookstart Week with a special Storytime event on Tuesday June 14 at 9am and 10.45am.
The theme for this year’s activities is All Aboard! Bookstart Bear will also be making an appearance
More than 5,000 transport and journey-themed events, storytelling, singing and rhyming sessions will be taking place across the country in libraries, children’s centres and bookshops.
Bookstart aims to help every child develop a lifelong love of books, offering millions of families the chance to discover the joy of sharing stories, books and rhymes together.
This year a special All Aboard! booklet, illustrated by Jess Stockham and published by Child’s Play Ltd will be given to families at events as well as colourful illustrated rhyme sheets and stickers.
Cabinet Member for Environment and Culture county councillor Jeremy Lucas recognises the importance of enjoying books and songs together.
“Bookstart is an inspirational scheme, encouraging a love of books at a very early age,” he said.
- 1 In pictures: Successful return of Walden's Late Night Christmas Shopping
- 2 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 3 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 4 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 5 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 8 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
- 9 Essex drink driving figures revealed as police launch Christmas crackdown
- 10 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
“Library rhyme times are great fun and encourage mums, dads and carers to discover that our libraries include the very youngest children in their families.”
For more information contact Saffron Walden Library on 01799 523178.