All Aboard for National Bookstart Week at Saffron Walden Library
SAFFRON Walden Library will be celebrating National Bookstart Week with a special Storytime event on Tuesday June 14 at 9am and 10.45am.
The theme for this year’s activities is All Aboard! Bookstart Bear will also be making an appearance
More than 5,000 transport and journey-themed events, storytelling, singing and rhyming sessions will be taking place across the country in libraries, children’s centres and bookshops.
Bookstart aims to help every child develop a lifelong love of books, offering millions of families the chance to discover the joy of sharing stories, books and rhymes together.
This year a special All Aboard! booklet, illustrated by Jess Stockham and published by Child’s Play Ltd will be given to families at events as well as colourful illustrated rhyme sheets and stickers.
You may also want to watch:
Cabinet Member for Environment and Culture county councillor Jeremy Lucas recognises the importance of enjoying books and songs together.
“Bookstart is an inspirational scheme, encouraging a love of books at a very early age,” he said.
- 1 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 2 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 3 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 4 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 9 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 10 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
“Library rhyme times are great fun and encourage mums, dads and carers to discover that our libraries include the very youngest children in their families.”
For more information contact Saffron Walden Library on 01799 523178.