All systems go for Saffron Walden cyclists
A TEAM from a Saffron Walden company successfully cycled from London to Brighton to raise money for charity.
The keen spirited bunch from LPA Niphan Systems, a firm which designs, manufactures and distributes power and cable management systems, took part in the 54-mile bike ride in aid of the British Heart Foundation (BHF).
The team, which included 10 LPA ‘volunteers’, joined 27,000 entrants cycling a route that includes three major hills and top speeds of 46mph.
Starting out from Saffron Walden at 4.30am, they reached the finish line at Brighton’s promenade in stages; the first came in at 11.45am and the last at 3pm.
All arrived back in town at 10pm and reported back for work as normal on Monday morning.
LPA is still collecting its corporate and personal sponsorship monies but the current total is over �2500. To make a donation visit http://original.justgiving.com/lpaniphan
- 1 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 2 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 3 4 inspirational women are celebrated in Newport
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Saffron Walden seal first win of EAPL season at Frinton
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 8 SWCC girls U13 come close to victory
- 9 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 10 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
Meanwhile, LPA Niphan Systems hosted the first LPA Group Cricket Day at Audley End. The event was a great success, with employees coming from companies all over the country to support it.
The host group company were the overall winners, although the day also raised �376 for Help for Heroes.