Almost 80 people charged with drink-driving related offences as part of Essex Police’s Christmas campaign
Almost 80 people have been charged with drink-driving related offences as part of Essex Police’s Christmas campaign.
The force has stepped up drink-drive awareness and enforcement in December and in the first 20 days of the month officers throughout the county have carried out 2,536 breath tests with 79 people being charged.
The latest four people to be charged are due in court on Christmas Eve.
Essex Police is running its campaign for another ten days and has appealed to people to continue to help them keep the county’s roads safe by giving them information about motorists who they believe to be drunk behind the wheel.
Anyone with such information can contact police by dialling 999 or 101 for those suspected of being regular drink-drivers but who have not yet taken to the roads.
You may also want to watch:
The final figures for the force’s campaign are due to be published in the first week of January.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Saffron Hall this Christmas for magical The Wizard of Oz pantomime