Almost 80 people charged with drink-driving related offences as part of Essex Police’s Christmas campaign
Almost 80 people have been charged with drink-driving related offences as part of Essex Police’s Christmas campaign.
The force has stepped up drink-drive awareness and enforcement in December and in the first 20 days of the month officers throughout the county have carried out 2,536 breath tests with 79 people being charged.
The latest four people to be charged are due in court on Christmas Eve.
Essex Police is running its campaign for another ten days and has appealed to people to continue to help them keep the county’s roads safe by giving them information about motorists who they believe to be drunk behind the wheel.
Anyone with such information can contact police by dialling 999 or 101 for those suspected of being regular drink-drivers but who have not yet taken to the roads.
You may also want to watch:
The final figures for the force’s campaign are due to be published in the first week of January.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 6 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal