Angela Dixon announced as director of Saffron Hall Trust
- Credit: Felix Clay
Saffron Hall has appointed “one of the most respected music programmers and arts managers in the country” to lead its vision of becoming a world-class institution.
Angela Dixon has agreed to leave her current role as Head of Music at the Barbican Centre, London, to become director of the Saffron Hall Trust. She will take up the new post from March and will oversee the performance and education programme of the hall.
Ms Dixon said she was very excited about the new role, adding: “I look forward to contributing to the development of this new organisation, helping to create a sector-leading centre for combined arts and learning.”
During her two-and-a-half years as Head of Music the Barbican, Ms Dixon has presented five International Associate Residencies, contributed three major projects to the Cultural Olympiad in 2012, and introduced two new Associate Ensembles to the music programme, the Academy of Ancient Music and Britten Sinfonia.
Chairman of Saffron Hall Trust, Nigel Brown, said the appointment reflects “the scale of our vision and ambition for Saffron Hall, and the region”.
“Saffron Hall Trust is extremely excited to welcome Angela Dixon,” he said. “He experience, knowledge and reputation within the industry, both nationally and internationally, opens doors to artists and ensembles of world-class calibre.
“We look forward to developing a performance and education programme at Saffron Hall that reflects the dynamism, innovation and creative excellence of the performing arts sector today and in the future.“
- 1 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 2 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 3 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 4 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 5 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 6 Delayed 350 homes development approved
- 7 Flashmob choir, free lessons: Latest Ukraine support
- 8 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 10 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
Saffron Hall, which officially opened in November, is the result of a progressive partnership between Saffron Walden County High School and the Yellow Car Charitable Trust.