Annual Christmas fair at St Mary's Parish Church in Saffron Walden
ST MARY S Parish Church in Saffron Walden is holding its annual Christmas Fair on Saturday December 12 from 9am to 1.30pm in the church and parish rooms. All sorts of bargains suitable for Christmas will be on offer at a wide variety of stalls ranging fr
ST MARY'S Parish Church in Saffron Walden is holding its annual Christmas Fair on Saturday December 12 from 9am to 1.30pm in the church and parish rooms.
All sorts of bargains suitable for Christmas will be on offer at a wide variety of stalls ranging from handicrafts to the tombola, and from Christmas crackers to home made cakes.
The highlight for many children will be meeting Father Christmas - between 11am and midday - in his grotto in the parish rooms. Visitors will be able to try their hand at bell-ringing and visit the organ loft and the tower.
Organiser Bill Rose said: "Following on with last years Victorian theme, this year stallholders will be dressed as characters from the novels of Charles Dickens" Refreshments will be served in Mrs Beaton's Bistro and entertainment will provided by the Brownies singing carols plus a selection of jazz played on the piano."
Entrance is free. All are welcome.
- 1 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 2 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 3 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 4 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 5 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 6 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 7 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 8 Bumper weekend of Christmas events set for Saffron Walden
- 9 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
- 10 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation