Annual Christmas fair at St Mary's Parish Church in Saffron Walden
ST MARY S Parish Church in Saffron Walden is holding its annual Christmas Fair on Saturday December 12 from 9am to 1.30pm in the church and parish rooms. All sorts of bargains suitable for Christmas will be on offer at a wide variety of stalls ranging fr
ST MARY'S Parish Church in Saffron Walden is holding its annual Christmas Fair on Saturday December 12 from 9am to 1.30pm in the church and parish rooms.
All sorts of bargains suitable for Christmas will be on offer at a wide variety of stalls ranging from handicrafts to the tombola, and from Christmas crackers to home made cakes.
The highlight for many children will be meeting Father Christmas - between 11am and midday - in his grotto in the parish rooms. Visitors will be able to try their hand at bell-ringing and visit the organ loft and the tower.
Organiser Bill Rose said: "Following on with last years Victorian theme, this year stallholders will be dressed as characters from the novels of Charles Dickens" Refreshments will be served in Mrs Beaton's Bistro and entertainment will provided by the Brownies singing carols plus a selection of jazz played on the piano."
You may also want to watch:
Entrance is free. All are welcome.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 6 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 7 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision