Annual Christmas fair at St Mary's Parish Church in Saffron Walden
ST MARY S Parish Church in Saffron Walden is holding its annual Christmas Fair on Saturday December 12 from 9am to 1.30pm in the church and parish rooms. All sorts of bargains suitable for Christmas will be on offer at a wide variety of stalls ranging fr
ST MARY'S Parish Church in Saffron Walden is holding its annual Christmas Fair on Saturday December 12 from 9am to 1.30pm in the church and parish rooms.
All sorts of bargains suitable for Christmas will be on offer at a wide variety of stalls ranging from handicrafts to the tombola, and from Christmas crackers to home made cakes.
The highlight for many children will be meeting Father Christmas - between 11am and midday - in his grotto in the parish rooms. Visitors will be able to try their hand at bell-ringing and visit the organ loft and the tower.
Organiser Bill Rose said: "Following on with last years Victorian theme, this year stallholders will be dressed as characters from the novels of Charles Dickens" Refreshments will be served in Mrs Beaton's Bistro and entertainment will provided by the Brownies singing carols plus a selection of jazz played on the piano."
You may also want to watch:
Entrance is free. All are welcome.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Town council backs new support club
- 10 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country