Annual Christmas fair at St Mary's Parish Church in Saffron Walden
ST MARY S Parish Church in Saffron Walden is holding its annual Christmas Fair on Saturday December 12 from 9am to 1.30pm in the church and parish rooms. All sorts of bargains suitable for Christmas will be on offer at a wide variety of stalls ranging fr
ST MARY'S Parish Church in Saffron Walden is holding its annual Christmas Fair on Saturday December 12 from 9am to 1.30pm in the church and parish rooms.
All sorts of bargains suitable for Christmas will be on offer at a wide variety of stalls ranging from handicrafts to the tombola, and from Christmas crackers to home made cakes.
The highlight for many children will be meeting Father Christmas - between 11am and midday - in his grotto in the parish rooms. Visitors will be able to try their hand at bell-ringing and visit the organ loft and the tower.
Organiser Bill Rose said: "Following on with last years Victorian theme, this year stallholders will be dressed as characters from the novels of Charles Dickens" Refreshments will be served in Mrs Beaton's Bistro and entertainment will provided by the Brownies singing carols plus a selection of jazz played on the piano."
You may also want to watch:
Entrance is free. All are welcome.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 3 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 4 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 7 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 8 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites