Anton Jardin’s killer gets five years
- Credit: Archant
A 26-year-old man has today (Tuesday) been jailed for killing a man at a party in Essex.
Sam Martin from Leigh on Sea was sentenced to five years imprisonment for the unlawful killing of 39-year-old Anton Jardin, of Eastwood Road in Rayleigh, on August 19. He died of severe head injuries.
Senior Investigating Officer DCI Mark Hall said: “Sam Martin pleaded guilty to the unlawful killing of Anton Jardin. He assaulted a man at a time when he was unable to defend himself and Anton Jardin died as a direct consequence of those actions.
“Anton suffered significant facial fractures, indicating the severity of the force used against him.
“Sam Martin initially told police in interviews that it was nothing to do with him and only later admitted his guilt. He is now starting a five year sentence for manslaughter, but Anton’s family will have to spend the rest of their lives without their son and brother.
You may also want to watch:
“This case, yet again, serves to illustrate the tragic circumstances which follow when someone resorts to violence.”
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 3 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 4 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows