Anton Jardin’s killer gets five years
- Credit: Archant
A 26-year-old man has today (Tuesday) been jailed for killing a man at a party in Essex.
Sam Martin from Leigh on Sea was sentenced to five years imprisonment for the unlawful killing of 39-year-old Anton Jardin, of Eastwood Road in Rayleigh, on August 19. He died of severe head injuries.
Senior Investigating Officer DCI Mark Hall said: “Sam Martin pleaded guilty to the unlawful killing of Anton Jardin. He assaulted a man at a time when he was unable to defend himself and Anton Jardin died as a direct consequence of those actions.
“Anton suffered significant facial fractures, indicating the severity of the force used against him.
“Sam Martin initially told police in interviews that it was nothing to do with him and only later admitted his guilt. He is now starting a five year sentence for manslaughter, but Anton’s family will have to spend the rest of their lives without their son and brother.
You may also want to watch:
“This case, yet again, serves to illustrate the tragic circumstances which follow when someone resorts to violence.”
- 1 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 9 County council commits to better deal for care workers
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches