Anton Jardin’s killer gets five years
- Credit: Archant
A 26-year-old man has today (Tuesday) been jailed for killing a man at a party in Essex.
Sam Martin from Leigh on Sea was sentenced to five years imprisonment for the unlawful killing of 39-year-old Anton Jardin, of Eastwood Road in Rayleigh, on August 19. He died of severe head injuries.
Senior Investigating Officer DCI Mark Hall said: “Sam Martin pleaded guilty to the unlawful killing of Anton Jardin. He assaulted a man at a time when he was unable to defend himself and Anton Jardin died as a direct consequence of those actions.
“Anton suffered significant facial fractures, indicating the severity of the force used against him.
“Sam Martin initially told police in interviews that it was nothing to do with him and only later admitted his guilt. He is now starting a five year sentence for manslaughter, but Anton’s family will have to spend the rest of their lives without their son and brother.
You may also want to watch:
“This case, yet again, serves to illustrate the tragic circumstances which follow when someone resorts to violence.”
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100