Anton Jardin’s killer gets five years
- Credit: Archant
A 26-year-old man has today (Tuesday) been jailed for killing a man at a party in Essex.
Sam Martin from Leigh on Sea was sentenced to five years imprisonment for the unlawful killing of 39-year-old Anton Jardin, of Eastwood Road in Rayleigh, on August 19. He died of severe head injuries.
Senior Investigating Officer DCI Mark Hall said: “Sam Martin pleaded guilty to the unlawful killing of Anton Jardin. He assaulted a man at a time when he was unable to defend himself and Anton Jardin died as a direct consequence of those actions.
“Anton suffered significant facial fractures, indicating the severity of the force used against him.
“Sam Martin initially told police in interviews that it was nothing to do with him and only later admitted his guilt. He is now starting a five year sentence for manslaughter, but Anton’s family will have to spend the rest of their lives without their son and brother.
You may also want to watch:
“This case, yet again, serves to illustrate the tragic circumstances which follow when someone resorts to violence.”
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Town council backs new support club
- 4 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 7 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely