Appeal for witnesses after series of burglaries in Saffron Walden
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a series of four burglaries in the Saffron Walden area.
The first happened in Landscape View where they forced entry through the front door between 9am and 3pm on Thursday August 8. They caused a significant amount of damage and left property strewn around the rooms, but nothing was taken.
A second burglary happened in Blacklands Close the following day where goods including an IMAC computer and some foreign currency was stolen, between 9am and 6pm on Friday August 9.
The third burglary also happened in Landscape View where jewellery was stolen. They also took gift vouchers, cash and an iPod Touch. The burglary happened between 8am and 4.15pm on Wednesday August 14.
A further attempted burglary happened in Saxon Way between 4pm and 5pm on Wednesday, August 14 when a dressing table drawer was pulled open but nothing was stolen.
Det Insp Alan Stevens, of Braintree CID, said: “We are stepping up patrols in that area to provide a strong visible policing presence, and have several lines of enquiry we are pursuing.
“I would also urge residents to take steps to deter opportunist thieves, including ensuring doors and windows are closed and locked.”
- 1 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
- 2 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 School activities and sports in pictures
- 5 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 6 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 7 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 8 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 9 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
Anyone with information should contact Braintree CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Home Security Advice:
• Mark or etch your property with your postcode, house or flat number or the first three letters of your house name.
• Do not leave your car keys or ID documents near doors, letterbox or windows.
• Always check who is at the door and do not open it if you feel anxious.
• Close and lock all your doors and windows, even if you are only going out for a few minutes.
• Keep your valuables out of sight.
• Leave some lights on if it will be dark before you get home.
• Install a visible burglar alarm.
• Always keep sheds and outbuildings locked.
• Cancel milk or other deliveries if you will be away for days or weeks at a time.