Appeal for witnesses following fatal collision in West Wratting
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a fatal collision in West Wratting.
Dean Cork, 47, of Gainsborough Road, Haverhill, suffered fatal injuries after the Piaggio T5 scooter was riding was in collision with a Vauxhall Combo van at 7.10am this morning (Tuesday).
The collision occurred at Skippers Lane at the junction with Common Road. The road was closed until 1.15pm.
The driver of the van, a 59-year-old man from Linton, suffered minor injuries.
PC John Blood, investigating, said: “I would appeal to anyone who witnessed the collision, or saw either vehicle prior to it, to call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call the roads policing unit on 101.
- 1 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 2 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 3 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 'Pup Idol' comes to Saffron Walden as search for Wizard of Oz pooch Toto begins
- 6 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 7 NCTJ staff raise more than £7,000 for journalism bursary
- 8 Saffron Striders hit the Cambridge Half Marathon en masse
- 9 Q&A: Elsenham WI President Moyra Jackson
- 10 There With You This Winter: Walden Mayor backs our campaign