Appeal for witnesses following fatal collision in West Wratting
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a fatal collision in West Wratting.
Dean Cork, 47, of Gainsborough Road, Haverhill, suffered fatal injuries after the Piaggio T5 scooter was riding was in collision with a Vauxhall Combo van at 7.10am this morning (Tuesday).
The collision occurred at Skippers Lane at the junction with Common Road. The road was closed until 1.15pm.
The driver of the van, a 59-year-old man from Linton, suffered minor injuries.
PC John Blood, investigating, said: “I would appeal to anyone who witnessed the collision, or saw either vehicle prior to it, to call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call the roads policing unit on 101.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 6 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event