Appeal for witnesses following fatal collision in West Wratting
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a fatal collision in West Wratting.
Dean Cork, 47, of Gainsborough Road, Haverhill, suffered fatal injuries after the Piaggio T5 scooter was riding was in collision with a Vauxhall Combo van at 7.10am this morning (Tuesday).
The collision occurred at Skippers Lane at the junction with Common Road. The road was closed until 1.15pm.
The driver of the van, a 59-year-old man from Linton, suffered minor injuries.
PC John Blood, investigating, said: “I would appeal to anyone who witnessed the collision, or saw either vehicle prior to it, to call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call the roads policing unit on 101.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Medical practice moving this week, and former £1.4m base attracts offer