Application submitted for 800 homes between Elsenham and Henham
A PLANNING application to build up to 800 homes between Elsenham and Henham has been submitted to Uttlesford District Council.
The Fairfield Partnership, which owns 265 hectares of land to the north-east of Elsenham, delivered the formal application today (Wednesday), a spokesman for the district council confirmed.
A new primary school, early years provision, employment space, a range of new open spaces and play areas, a health centre, and a local centre comprising a convenience store and other local facilities are included in the proposal.
The developer is also planning to deliver a new waste water treatment works, high speed broadband, a new link road at Elsenham Cross and other local highway improvements, along with more frequent and accessible bus services for the local area.
Steve Biart, on behalf of the Fairfield Partnership, said: “Our planning application marks an important step towards helping Uttlesford make up the shortfall in its five-year housing supply in a comprehensive and sustainable manner.
You may also want to watch:
“We remain convinced that UDC is not planning sufficiently for growth, and its proposal to truncate the Local Plan to 2026 is simply compounding the issue.
“Our planning application will allow the council to meet short term needs in a properly planned and deliverable development proposal that matches new homes with investment in new services and facilities, to avoid overstretching existing facilities and infrastructure.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 7 Stations benefit from funding
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 New book features illustrations of Bridge End Garden
- 10 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
“Uttlesford District Council will now process and formally register the application, before undertaking consultation with the local community and statutory consultees over the coming weeks. Our project website, www.elsenham-info.co.uk, will also be updated with key planning application documents in due course.”
To have your say, visit uttlesford.gov.uk