Application submitted for 800 homes between Elsenham and Henham
A PLANNING application to build up to 800 homes between Elsenham and Henham has been submitted to Uttlesford District Council.
The Fairfield Partnership, which owns 265 hectares of land to the north-east of Elsenham, delivered the formal application today (Wednesday), a spokesman for the district council confirmed.
A new primary school, early years provision, employment space, a range of new open spaces and play areas, a health centre, and a local centre comprising a convenience store and other local facilities are included in the proposal.
The developer is also planning to deliver a new waste water treatment works, high speed broadband, a new link road at Elsenham Cross and other local highway improvements, along with more frequent and accessible bus services for the local area.
Steve Biart, on behalf of the Fairfield Partnership, said: “Our planning application marks an important step towards helping Uttlesford make up the shortfall in its five-year housing supply in a comprehensive and sustainable manner.
You may also want to watch:
“We remain convinced that UDC is not planning sufficiently for growth, and its proposal to truncate the Local Plan to 2026 is simply compounding the issue.
“Our planning application will allow the council to meet short term needs in a properly planned and deliverable development proposal that matches new homes with investment in new services and facilities, to avoid overstretching existing facilities and infrastructure.
- 1 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
“Uttlesford District Council will now process and formally register the application, before undertaking consultation with the local community and statutory consultees over the coming weeks. Our project website, www.elsenham-info.co.uk, will also be updated with key planning application documents in due course.”
To have your say, visit uttlesford.gov.uk