Applications for Uttlesford District Council’s Community Project Grant Scheme available
UTTLESFORD District Council has announced that application forms for its Community Project Grant Scheme are now available.
Voluntary organisations and other bodies can take advantage of the scheme for a variety of project types.
The council’s community development officer Sue Hayden said: ”Grant awards can be made to properly constituted voluntary organisations or similar bodies in the district such as village hall committees, community shops, town and parish councils, community associations, play and recreation clubs and groups.
“Unfortunately, applications from schools, churches or religious authorities, sports and arts groups are not eligible to apply.”
Grants will be considered for expenditure incurred in the provision of any of the following:
• Development of land for recreational purposes, including environmental improvements
• Buildings/facilities that are available for community use eg village halls, community centres, public conveniences
- 1 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 2 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 3 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 6 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 7 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 8 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 9 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 10 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
• Car parks and access roads to car parks directly associated with a community use building
• Children’s play areas, including equipment and safety surfacing
• Improvement, refurbishment or extension to any of the facilities outlined above
• Essential equipment that contributes significantly to the aims and objectives of the project
• Training or a one-off staffing cost that contributes significantly to the development of the project or increases benefit to the community. (wages and salaries cannot be paid)
Projects must be completed after April 1, 2011 and before March 7, 2012. The minimum grant available is �100 and the maximum is �3500.
If the application is for more than �1000 the amount raised by the applicant must represent at least 50 per cent of the total project cost. In the case of an application for less than �1000 the applicant must have raised 25 per cent.
Application forms need to be completed and returned to the council by no later than 12 noon on Monday May 23, 2011.
To obtain an application form or for further information please contact Sue Hayden on 01799 510563, or e-mail her at email@example.com