APRIL FOOL'S DAY: Did you notice our spoof story about Saffron Walden's historic Maze?
WE would like to reveal that our story about Saffron Walden s historic Maze was in fact an April Fool s Day joke. The story suggested that a hidden EU Measurement Directive would affect the town s local amenity.
WE would like to reveal that our story about Saffron Walden's historic Maze was in fact an April Fool's Day joke.
The story suggested that a hidden EU Measurement Directive would affect the town's local amenity - and that it had to be either shortened or lengthened to meet the fictitious directive.
The story also ran in this today's Reporter newspaper, on page 3.
However, there is no such EU directive and the Maze will remain one mile in length.
You may also want to watch:
If you were fooled, or even if you were not, get in touch by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 5 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 6 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 7 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 8 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 9 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 10 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships