APRIL FOOL'S DAY: Did you notice our spoof story about Saffron Walden's historic Maze?
WE would like to reveal that our story about Saffron Walden s historic Maze was in fact an April Fool s Day joke. The story suggested that a hidden EU Measurement Directive would affect the town s local amenity.
WE would like to reveal that our story about Saffron Walden's historic Maze was in fact an April Fool's Day joke.
The story suggested that a hidden EU Measurement Directive would affect the town's local amenity - and that it had to be either shortened or lengthened to meet the fictitious directive.
The story also ran in this today's Reporter newspaper, on page 3.
However, there is no such EU directive and the Maze will remain one mile in length.
You may also want to watch:
If you were fooled, or even if you were not, get in touch by e-mailing us at email@example.com
- 1 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 2 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 3 Buses replace trains while train tracks are replaced
- 4 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 5 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 6 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 7 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 8 Electric cars for SMT GB staff
- 9 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 10 COVID-19: Literary festival event to mark anniversary of first lockdown