APRIL FOOL'S DAY: Did you notice our spoof story about Saffron Walden's historic Maze?
WE would like to reveal that our story about Saffron Walden s historic Maze was in fact an April Fool s Day joke. The story suggested that a hidden EU Measurement Directive would affect the town s local amenity.
WE would like to reveal that our story about Saffron Walden's historic Maze was in fact an April Fool's Day joke.
The story suggested that a hidden EU Measurement Directive would affect the town's local amenity - and that it had to be either shortened or lengthened to meet the fictitious directive.
The story also ran in this today's Reporter newspaper, on page 3.
However, there is no such EU directive and the Maze will remain one mile in length.
You may also want to watch:
If you were fooled, or even if you were not, get in touch by e-mailing us at email@example.com
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
- 10 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision