April Fool’s Day: Rickling children get to work cutting grass on village green... with scissors!
- Credit: Archant
Taking a break from the pressures of SATs, Rickling pupils undertook a ‘special challenge’ today (Tuesday) when they assisted the local groundskeeper by cutting the village green... armed only with pairs of scissors!
Children were informed that Mr Howard’s lawnmower had broken down and soon got to work, snipping the individual blades of grass down to size.
Fortunately, it turned out to be a April Fool’s Day prank, led by Year 5/6 teacher, Mr Lee.
“It was superb, and fortunately happened on a really nice day,” said Mr Lee.
“The children were all great; 100 pairs of scissors getting to work was quite a sight. They were so good, I’m thinking of starting an after school club!”
You may also want to watch:
One pupil, Nieve Scarborough, said: “We knew there was something suspicious going on, but it was actually really fun and I think we did a good job.” And Molly Bonnington-Blatt added: “We immediately started plotting revenge against Mr Lee!”
• Did you do a good prank for April Fools Day? Tell us about it. E-mail email@example.com
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 3 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 4 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 9 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir