April Fool’s Day: Rickling children get to work cutting grass on village green... with scissors!
- Credit: Archant
Taking a break from the pressures of SATs, Rickling pupils undertook a ‘special challenge’ today (Tuesday) when they assisted the local groundskeeper by cutting the village green... armed only with pairs of scissors!
Children were informed that Mr Howard’s lawnmower had broken down and soon got to work, snipping the individual blades of grass down to size.
Fortunately, it turned out to be a April Fool’s Day prank, led by Year 5/6 teacher, Mr Lee.
“It was superb, and fortunately happened on a really nice day,” said Mr Lee.
“The children were all great; 100 pairs of scissors getting to work was quite a sight. They were so good, I’m thinking of starting an after school club!”
You may also want to watch:
One pupil, Nieve Scarborough, said: “We knew there was something suspicious going on, but it was actually really fun and I think we did a good job.” And Molly Bonnington-Blatt added: “We immediately started plotting revenge against Mr Lee!”
• Did you do a good prank for April Fools Day? Tell us about it. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 4 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers