Are you ready for an emergency? Resilience Roadshow and fun day to be held in Essex
UTTLESFORD residents can find out how to prepare for emergencies at a community fun day and resilience roadshow at North Weald Airfield on Sunday September 8.
The Uttlesford District emergency planning officer Lisa Lipscombe will be on hand to provide advice on how to prepare for and deal with emergencies.
There will also be exhibits from the emergency services, voluntary agencies and local groups on the emergency planning theme, as well as a variety of demonstrations from the emergency services.
The army bomb disposal team will be showcasing their remote control robots and the Red Cross will be demonstrating essential life saving skills.
Mrs Lipscombe said: “This is an opportunity for Uttlesford district residents to find out more about how you can make sure you are ready for any crisis and how you can help the council and emergency services to help you.”
You may also want to watch:
The day will include many attractions such as rides for the children, charity stalls, mini quad rides, Second World War re-enactors, classic cars and bikes and bouncy castles, as well as fairground rides and farm animals. Helicopter pleasure flights will be running and there will be a selection of stalls from the community.
Historic planes, jets and classic cars will all be on display. Visitors will also see a flypast of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight’s Spitfire and Hurricane fighters, as well as a licensed bar and refreshments making the event a fantastic day out for aeroplane enthusiasts and families.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
Vintage buses will be running a shuttle service to the Epping Ongar Railway during the day, so that visitors can take a ride on the heritage line between Chipping Ongar and Epping as part of their day out.
Tickets will be £5 per person, which grants free access to all the rides at the event as well as free parking. A £15.50 ticket is available online, which includes all day travel on the Epping Ongar Railway. Money raised will be donated to St Clare Hospice and Help For Heroes. Sat Nav users should use the postcode CM16 6AR and follow the brown signs for North Weald Airfield Market.
The event starts at 10am.