'Around the world' for charity
A STANSTED hotel is inviting the local community to travel Around the World in a Day to raise cash for charity on Sunday (June 14). Hilton London Stansted is taking part in a national challenge that will see members of the 70 Hilton hotels nationwide, c
A STANSTED hotel is inviting the local community to travel 'Around the World in a Day' to raise cash for charity on Sunday (June 14).
Hilton London Stansted is taking part in a national challenge that will see members of the 70 Hilton hotels nationwide, charity partners and the public all working together with the collective aim of travelling the circumference of the earth - 24,901.55 miles.
In Stansted participants will take part in the hotel's Team Challenge, which involves clocking up as many miles as possible over a seven-hour period on cardiovascular equipment.
All proceeds raised will be donated to The Newlife Foundation for Disabled Children which provides action and equipment to help disabled and terminally ill children in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Registration packs, including an event t-shirt cost just �5. To register or to find out more call 02076057641 or visit www.hilton-foundation.org.uk
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
- 10 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision