Artists unite for new show
THE work of a talented photographer and local artist will be on display at the Guildhall in Thaxted next month. The joint exhibition by Jenny Sussman and Sue Walker is being held from Saturday May 2 to Monday May 4, from 11am to 5pm each day. The pair ar
THE work of a talented photographer and local artist will be on display at the Guildhall in Thaxted next month.
The joint exhibition by Jenny Sussman and Sue Walker is being held from Saturday May 2 to Monday May 4, from 11am to 5pm each day.
The pair are lifelong friends and this will be their first exhibition together.
Jenny will be displaying a collection of urban photography.
You may also want to watch:
This body of work has grown and developed over the past five years, as the photographer has travelled between British and European cities, chancing upon unique moments and happenings.
More specifically, for this exhibition she has worked to demonstrate her belief in the photograph's ability to capture a moment in time. Simultaneously, the collection will also reflect Jenny's dedicated pursuit of novel perspectives and her championing of simple composition without clutter.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 4 Town council backs new support club
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 9 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
Aside from these philosophies, much inspiration has also been drawn from the work of the legendary Cartier Bresson, Gianni Berengo Gardin, Van der Elsken and Mario Testino.
To contact Jenny, call 07970 271343 or e-mail email@example.com
Sue's contemporary landscapes aim to convey a sense of the mood and atmosphere of the location and are painted in acrylic, mixed media or watercolour.
Wild places and elemental landscapes are the starting point for much of Sue's work and she is particularly drawn to coastal scenes.
Inspiration comes from the landscapes of East Anglia, Mediterranean visits, sailing trips and foreign travels.
Sue has exhibited widely with galleries across East Anglia, held several solo and joint exhibitions - including previous visits to the Guildhall - and is a member of Cambridge Open Studios.
She has paintings in collections in the UK, France, Germany and the US.
To contact Sue, call 01223 891710, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org , or visit her website at email@example.com