Ashdon: Popular 10k race and fun run gets new logo
- Credit: Archant
A POPULAR spring race and fun run has a new logo after primary school pupils put pen to paper to create a unique design.
Pupils at Ashdon Primary School were given the task of designing the logo to be used on promotional material for the village’s 10km race and 3km fun run on May 6.
Eleven-year-old Eleanor Dewell was chosen as the winner and she received a bumper sweet box prize for her efforts.
PTA member Tracy Balcombe said: “This year the event, now in its 17th year, is as popular as ever and there will be lots of fun for the family after the race, including a bouncy castle, face painting, BBQ, home made cakes and a fantastic raffle.”
Entry forms for the race and family fun run are available at the school office, Ashdon Post Office or via ashdon10k.yolasite.com
You may also want to watch:
A doctor or medic is still needed to cover the event. To help, call Tracy on 01799 585071.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Town council backs new support club
- 4 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 7 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely