Ashdon: Popular 10k race and fun run gets new logo
- Credit: Archant
A POPULAR spring race and fun run has a new logo after primary school pupils put pen to paper to create a unique design.
Pupils at Ashdon Primary School were given the task of designing the logo to be used on promotional material for the village’s 10km race and 3km fun run on May 6.
Eleven-year-old Eleanor Dewell was chosen as the winner and she received a bumper sweet box prize for her efforts.
PTA member Tracy Balcombe said: “This year the event, now in its 17th year, is as popular as ever and there will be lots of fun for the family after the race, including a bouncy castle, face painting, BBQ, home made cakes and a fantastic raffle.”
Entry forms for the race and family fun run are available at the school office, Ashdon Post Office or via ashdon10k.yolasite.com
You may also want to watch:
A doctor or medic is still needed to cover the event. To help, call Tracy on 01799 585071.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 Tools collection is a huge success
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 6 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 10 'We're not trying to target young people': e-scooter awareness drive