Ashdon: Popular 10k race and fun run gets new logo
- Credit: Archant
A POPULAR spring race and fun run has a new logo after primary school pupils put pen to paper to create a unique design.
Pupils at Ashdon Primary School were given the task of designing the logo to be used on promotional material for the village’s 10km race and 3km fun run on May 6.
Eleven-year-old Eleanor Dewell was chosen as the winner and she received a bumper sweet box prize for her efforts.
PTA member Tracy Balcombe said: “This year the event, now in its 17th year, is as popular as ever and there will be lots of fun for the family after the race, including a bouncy castle, face painting, BBQ, home made cakes and a fantastic raffle.”
Entry forms for the race and family fun run are available at the school office, Ashdon Post Office or via ashdon10k.yolasite.com
You may also want to watch:
A doctor or medic is still needed to cover the event. To help, call Tracy on 01799 585071.
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 Council to debate 'underperforming' planning service