Attempted laptop theft sparks police appeal
- Credit: Archant
POLICE are appealing for information after a man attempted to snatch a laptop computer from a member of the public.
The victim was walking in the Common Hill area of Saffron Walden between 1-1.30pm on Tuesday (January 29) when the incident happened.
The suspect approached the victim from behind and attempted to remove a laptop from his bag by unzipping it.
The victim felt a tug on his bag and confronted the suspect, who ran off empty-handed.
The suspect is described as white, 5ft 9in tall, and of slim build. He was wearing a black sweat top with the hood pulled up and had a handkerchief over his lower face. He was also wearing blue jeans and white trainers.
Anyone with information about the incident or who saw any suspicious activity in the area has been asked to call Essex Police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 In pictures: Successful return of Walden's Late Night Christmas Shopping
- 2 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in Saffron Walden
- 3 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 4 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 5 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Essex drink driving figures revealed as police launch Christmas crackdown
- 9 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 10 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market