‘Attracting visitors to Uttlesford’ is theme of Tourism Summit
‘Attracting visitors to Uttlesford’ will be the theme discussed at the forthcoming Tourism Summit later this month.
Tourism sector businesses operating within the district are welcome to attend the interactive meeting, which will see presentations from Visit Essex and the economic development team at Uttlesford District Council.
Cllr Howard Rolfe, cabinet member for Communities and Partnerships at the district council, said: “As part of our economic development strategy for the district, this Tourism Summit is the next business event which we hope will be as popular and well attended as the recently held business breakfast.
“We want to make Uttlesford a tourist destination and we need the input and engagement from the businesses to achieve this, so I do urge them to attend.”
Simon Jackson, cconomic development officer at UDC, added: “We want to create a plan of action with the aim of attracting more visitors to the towns, villages, heritage attractions, events and leisure facilities that are on offer in our district.”
You may also want to watch:
“We want to work together with the tourism and leisure businesses to help put Uttlesford on the tourist map and
we want to encourage as many businesses to attend the event.”
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
The event is being held at Parklands, Quendon Hall, Quendon on January 28. To register, e-mail Mr Jackson at email@example.com or call 01799 510521.