Auctioneers are going Battie at Stansted
ART auctioneers are bringing a well-known TV antiques expert to their Stansted base in order to perform assessments and valuations on Chinese and Japanese works of art.
David Battie, a regular on the BBC’s Antiques Roadshow since it first started in 1979 and a former auctioneer at Sotherby’s, will be available at Sworders on September 13 between 10am and 4pm.
He said: “The extraordinary thing about this country is that it has more antiques per square foot than anywhere else in the world. No matter where you go, you simply never know what you are going to find.
“In Stansted Mountfitchet I’m looking forward to seeing items of Asian porcelain as well as bronzes, jade, ivories, enamels, textiles and silver.
“The Chinese market in particular is booming at the moment. In fact, there’s never been a better time to sell Chinese works of art.”
You may also want to watch:
If required, any suitable objects may be entered for auction in Sworders’ next Asian Art sale on November 15.
Sworders managing director Guy Schooling added: “We are very fortunate to have one of the top experts in the country value items on our behalf.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 5 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 6 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 More restrictions set to be scrapped in Boris Johnson's winter Covid plan
- 9 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 10 Dramatic pictures show extent of three north-west Essex farm fires
“This is an ideal chance for people to dust off oriental artefacts which might have been squirreled away in the attic, or back of the cupboard, for decades and discover what they’re now worth.”
David’s visit to Essex is expected to be very busy. To book a slot in advance call 01992 583508. Sworders is based on the outskirts of Stansted Mountfitchet on the B1383