Auctioneers are going Battie at Stansted
ART auctioneers are bringing a well-known TV antiques expert to their Stansted base in order to perform assessments and valuations on Chinese and Japanese works of art.
David Battie, a regular on the BBC’s Antiques Roadshow since it first started in 1979 and a former auctioneer at Sotherby’s, will be available at Sworders on September 13 between 10am and 4pm.
He said: “The extraordinary thing about this country is that it has more antiques per square foot than anywhere else in the world. No matter where you go, you simply never know what you are going to find.
“In Stansted Mountfitchet I’m looking forward to seeing items of Asian porcelain as well as bronzes, jade, ivories, enamels, textiles and silver.
“The Chinese market in particular is booming at the moment. In fact, there’s never been a better time to sell Chinese works of art.”
You may also want to watch:
If required, any suitable objects may be entered for auction in Sworders’ next Asian Art sale on November 15.
Sworders managing director Guy Schooling added: “We are very fortunate to have one of the top experts in the country value items on our behalf.
- 1 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 2 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 3 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 4 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 5 Boy, five, who could wave cancer goodbye this year dances with twin brother
- 6 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 7 Uttlesford sees sharp fall in Covid-19 infections
- 8 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden
- 9 Telephone exchange fetches nearly £100,000 at auction
- 10 Boots suffers perfumes theft and damage to doors
“This is an ideal chance for people to dust off oriental artefacts which might have been squirreled away in the attic, or back of the cupboard, for decades and discover what they’re now worth.”
David’s visit to Essex is expected to be very busy. To book a slot in advance call 01992 583508. Sworders is based on the outskirts of Stansted Mountfitchet on the B1383