Audley End concert line-up announced
WELSH opera singer Katherine Jenkins along with a host of other musical stars will perform open-air concerts in Saffron Walden this summer. Advance tickets are now on sale for this year s Picnic Concerts being held in the gardens of Audley End House in
WELSH opera singer Katherine Jenkins along with a host of other musical stars will perform open-air concerts in Saffron Walden this summer.
Advance tickets are now on sale for this year's Picnic Concerts being held in the gardens of Audley End House in July and August.
The line up also includes the people's tenor Russell Watson, Jools Holland and his Rhythm and Blues Orchestra and pop star Will Young.
And completing the bill is a 80s extravaganza featuring The Human League, Belinda Carlisle, ABC, Go West and Heaven 17.
The famous Picnic Concerts are held every year in the English Heritage-owned country house which started life as a Benedictine Abbey. All the concerts at Audley End will conclude with a stunning fireworks finale adding a touch of sparkle to an already spectacular setting.
The concert season will be launched on Saturday July 11 with Russell Watson who will perform classics such as You Raise Me Up, Volare, You Are So Beautiful and the soaring Nessun Dorma.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 6 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 7 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 8 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 9 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
- 10 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
Jools Holland performs on Saturday July 18, and double BRIT Award-winning singer-songwriter Will Young on Saturday July 25.
The 80s extravaganza will be held on Saturday August 1 and is set to be the party night of the summer.
And capping the concerts on Sunday August 2, The Last Night of the Audley End Proms is headlined by operatic superstar Katherine Jenkins and features a thrilling Spitfire display.
Katherine will be performing a host of Last Night favourites including Rule Britannia and Jerusalem.
Advance tickets went on sale on Thursday (April 2) and are available through The Times box office on 0844 209 1922.
From Saturday April 4 tickets are available through See Tickets on 0844 412 2706 or Ticketmaster on 0844 847 1637 or by visiting www.picnicconcerts.com. Tickets are priced between �27 and �30.