Audley End hosts a cracking Last night of the Proms
CLOUDS gathered and rain threatened but on the Last Night of the Proms at Audley End Proms the only thing whipping up a storm were the artists on stage.
On Sunday hundreds of people flocked to the last picnic concert of the year to witness a spectacular event which included a wartime Spitfire swoop overhead to the sound of the Dambusters March and the sound of 633 squadron.
Men’s choir Only Men Aloud and Welshman Wynne Evans joined the frock-loving Lesley Garrett to sing hit after hit accompanied by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra.
During a great British finale fans waved union jacks and sang along to tunes such as Jerusalem and Land of Hope and Glory. Fireworks then burst into the night sky.
Audience member Paul Thompson, travelled down from Leicester to see the show. “It was terrific,” he said. “We will definitely be coming back next year.”
You may also want to watch:
WHAT did you think of the proms this year? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EE.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 3 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 4 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 7 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 8 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites