Audley End hosts a cracking Last night of the Proms
CLOUDS gathered and rain threatened but on the Last Night of the Proms at Audley End Proms the only thing whipping up a storm were the artists on stage.
On Sunday hundreds of people flocked to the last picnic concert of the year to witness a spectacular event which included a wartime Spitfire swoop overhead to the sound of the Dambusters March and the sound of 633 squadron.
Men’s choir Only Men Aloud and Welshman Wynne Evans joined the frock-loving Lesley Garrett to sing hit after hit accompanied by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra.
During a great British finale fans waved union jacks and sang along to tunes such as Jerusalem and Land of Hope and Glory. Fireworks then burst into the night sky.
Audience member Paul Thompson, travelled down from Leicester to see the show. “It was terrific,” he said. “We will definitely be coming back next year.”
You may also want to watch:
WHAT did you think of the proms this year? E-mail us at email@example.com or write to 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EE.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 3 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 4 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
- 9 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 10 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe