Audley End hosts a cracking Last night of the Proms
CLOUDS gathered and rain threatened but on the Last Night of the Proms at Audley End Proms the only thing whipping up a storm were the artists on stage.
On Sunday hundreds of people flocked to the last picnic concert of the year to witness a spectacular event which included a wartime Spitfire swoop overhead to the sound of the Dambusters March and the sound of 633 squadron.
Men’s choir Only Men Aloud and Welshman Wynne Evans joined the frock-loving Lesley Garrett to sing hit after hit accompanied by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra.
During a great British finale fans waved union jacks and sang along to tunes such as Jerusalem and Land of Hope and Glory. Fireworks then burst into the night sky.
Audience member Paul Thompson, travelled down from Leicester to see the show. “It was terrific,” he said. “We will definitely be coming back next year.”
You may also want to watch:
WHAT did you think of the proms this year? E-mail us at email@example.com or write to 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EE.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 6 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 7 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 8 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision