Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- Credit: Supplied by AEMR
Audley End Miniature Railway is back in action after a winter in lockdown.
Tickets for the railway's Easter Special, which began on Monday, April 12, sold out each day last week as attractions reopened throughout the region.
Railway staff said: "It is so lovely being able to welcome visitors back to the Railway for the first time in 2021 and to see so many happy faces again.
"There has been a real sense of relief around the site, that families are finally able to enjoy a day out together again."
The attraction is limiting the number of tickets it sells to support social distancing.
Outdoor visitor attractions reopened throughout the region following lockdown easing on Monday along with non-essential retail.
You may also want to watch:
Nearby, Audley End House and Gardens opened its gardens and grounds, although the mansion remains closed.
The Audley End Miniature Railway's Easter Event runs until Sunday, April 25.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 9 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections