Award-winning musicians in Saffron Walden for concert
AN award-winning musician is returning to the area for a performance at Saffron Walden Baptist Church on Saturday.
Laura Tivendale, who grew up in Aythorpe Roding and went to school in the area, studied harpsichord at the Royal Academy of Music.
She received the Foundation Award for general excellence in 2006, the Howard Carr Memorial Prize in 2007, was the winner of the 2009 Broadwood Harpsichord Competition and has won the Harold Samuel Bach Prize two years running.
Although she has given concerts in Epping, Harlow, Bishop’s Stortford and Aythorpe Roding, this will be Ms Tivendale’s first appearance in Saffron Walden.
She teams up with Baroque violinist Helen Kruger to present a programme of 17th and 18th century duo works, displaying the virtuosity of Biber and Handel and the elegance of Mozart and Bach.
You may also want to watch:
The concert, organised by Saffron Walden Music Club, starts at 7.30pm.
Tickets for non-members cost �10 (under 18 Free) and may be purchased from the Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre or at the door.
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
Further information is available at saffronwaldenmusic.org.uk or from David Erdman 01799 524347.