Award-winning musicians in Saffron Walden for concert
AN award-winning musician is returning to the area for a performance at Saffron Walden Baptist Church on Saturday.
Laura Tivendale, who grew up in Aythorpe Roding and went to school in the area, studied harpsichord at the Royal Academy of Music.
She received the Foundation Award for general excellence in 2006, the Howard Carr Memorial Prize in 2007, was the winner of the 2009 Broadwood Harpsichord Competition and has won the Harold Samuel Bach Prize two years running.
Although she has given concerts in Epping, Harlow, Bishop’s Stortford and Aythorpe Roding, this will be Ms Tivendale’s first appearance in Saffron Walden.
She teams up with Baroque violinist Helen Kruger to present a programme of 17th and 18th century duo works, displaying the virtuosity of Biber and Handel and the elegance of Mozart and Bach.
You may also want to watch:
The concert, organised by Saffron Walden Music Club, starts at 7.30pm.
Tickets for non-members cost �10 (under 18 Free) and may be purchased from the Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre or at the door.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 Stations benefit from funding
- 9 New book features illustrations of Bridge End Garden
- 10 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
Further information is available at saffronwaldenmusic.org.uk or from David Erdman 01799 524347.