Award-winning Peel2Save scheme now available throughout Saffron Walden
A SCHEME aimed at promoting Saffron Walden’s businesses while giving to charity has scooped two prestigious business awards.
Discount card scheme Peel2Save has won Best Corporate Social Responsibility and Outstanding Community Initiative, courtesy of Awards Intelligence.
Andrew Areoff, chairman of the awards judging panel, said: “At a time when charities are feeling the pinch more than ever, Peel2Save offers an innovative new way for good causes to raise vital cash – and give something back to those who make donations.”
The card, which contains 64 individual peel-off coupons each promoting a local business in Saffron Walden, offers customers savings while donating to a good cause.
Local Peel2Save co-ordinator Julie Hutchison said: “At the end of the day the consumer wins – the good causes win and local businesses benefit too. It’s a total community effort where everybody gains.”
Over the next six weeks there will be a big push to promote the scheme across Saffron Walden, with numerous shops in the town now selling the credit-card-sized discount cards.
“The idea is to get the Peel2Save brand out there and to accelerate fundraising, with 50 per cent of all sales from the cards going straight to a local charity,” added Mrs Hutchison.
- 1 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Toaster joy: Radwinter Repair Cafe to the rescue
- 4 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 5 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 6 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 7 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 9 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 10 Saffron Walden seal first win of EAPL season at Frinton
• To find out more about Peel2Save email Mrs Hutchison at Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the scheme’s official Facebook group at Facebook.com/peel2savesaffronwalden
You can buy a card at the following locations or go direct to the good causes listed to buy a card:
• Dish Restaurant
• Ruby Room
• Handpicked and Gorgeous
• Rebels and Roses
• Tourist Information Centre
• Tumbledowns in Shire Hill
• The Holly Trees
• Modish Shoes and Accessories
• The Sweet Shop
• Design Essentials
• Support 4 Sight
• The Temeraire
Good causes selling the cards include:
• Buffy Bus
• Riding for the Disabled
• Newport Primary School
• Wendens Ambo Mini Rugby
• Injured Soldiers fund
• Rowney Community Park Fund
• Saffron Hawks
• Saffron Walden Nursery, Shire Hill