Bad weather conditions: use 999 for a genuine emergency only
WITH road conditions worsening through the night and more snow expected in the region today, operational bosses at the East of England Ambulance Service are calling on the public to use common sense and only call 999 for a true emergency need. Chief opera
WITH road conditions worsening through the night and more snow expected in the region today, operational bosses at the East of England Ambulance Service are calling on the public to use common sense and only call 999 for a true emergency need.
Chief operating officer for the East of England Ambulance Service, David Donegan, said: "Road conditions are extremely hazardous. We are currently responding to calls for emergency assistance across the region and will be deploying 4 x 4 vehicles to help us reach more isolated locations.
"However, we are relying on the public's good sense to use the 999 service wisely s which will help us to respond to people who need our assistance for true emergencies."
He continued: "If anyone is in any doubt about whether they need a 999 response they should ring NHS Direct for advice on 0845 4647 or contact their local doctor's surgery.
You may also want to watch:
"Those within distance of an NHS GP led walk-in centre or minor injury unit should go there for treatment for minor illness and injury of the kind you would normally go to your GP or pharmacy about.
"We are also particularly asking drivers to avoid unnecessary journeys but if they have to venture out, even on a relatively short journey, to be fully prepared for the conditions.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 4 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 5 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 6 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 7 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Town council challenges water softening decision