Balloon release for World Alzheimer’s Day
RESIDENTS at a Saffron Walden care home released colourful balloons into the sky in aid of World Alzheimer’s Day on Wednesday (September 21).
Family and friends joined the residents at Highfield Care Home in attaching special messages to the balloons, remembering loved ones past an present.
Some of the messages included words like “I can still make choices and I am still a person” or simply “For Mum”.
Manager Angie Silva said “The sun came out and was like a sign from above that it came out especially for us.
“The residents really enjoyed being out and as the balloons flew away into the sky they cheered. We have raised considerable funds towards the research of Alzheimer’s and enjoyed doing so. The Alzheimer’s Society needs
You may also want to watch:
to continue its good work and we are only too happy to contribute in any way possible.”
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 NCTJ staff raise more than £7,000 for journalism bursary
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 7 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 8 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 9 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 10 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage