Balloon release for World Alzheimer’s Day
RESIDENTS at a Saffron Walden care home released colourful balloons into the sky in aid of World Alzheimer’s Day on Wednesday (September 21).
Family and friends joined the residents at Highfield Care Home in attaching special messages to the balloons, remembering loved ones past an present.
Some of the messages included words like “I can still make choices and I am still a person” or simply “For Mum”.
Manager Angie Silva said “The sun came out and was like a sign from above that it came out especially for us.
“The residents really enjoyed being out and as the balloons flew away into the sky they cheered. We have raised considerable funds towards the research of Alzheimer’s and enjoyed doing so. The Alzheimer’s Society needs
You may also want to watch:
to continue its good work and we are only too happy to contribute in any way possible.”
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 8 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Share your views: Should Freedom Day on June 21 go ahead?