Balloon release for World Alzheimer’s Day
RESIDENTS at a Saffron Walden care home released colourful balloons into the sky in aid of World Alzheimer’s Day on Wednesday (September 21).
Family and friends joined the residents at Highfield Care Home in attaching special messages to the balloons, remembering loved ones past an present.
Some of the messages included words like “I can still make choices and I am still a person” or simply “For Mum”.
Manager Angie Silva said “The sun came out and was like a sign from above that it came out especially for us.
“The residents really enjoyed being out and as the balloons flew away into the sky they cheered. We have raised considerable funds towards the research of Alzheimer’s and enjoyed doing so. The Alzheimer’s Society needs
You may also want to watch:
to continue its good work and we are only too happy to contribute in any way possible.”
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 4 Stations benefit from funding
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 7 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 10 Surgeon wins top award for hip research