Bargains to be had as national Peel2Save card scheme launches in Saffron Walden
A NATIONAL scheme aimed at raising money for non-profit organisations and charities has been launched in Saffron Walden.
Peel2Save offers a “no-risk way” for charities, churches, schools, sports clubs, youth groups and other organisations to raise much-needed cash.
Co-ordinator Julie Hutchison explained that the Peel2Save credit-sized cards contain 64 individual peel-off coupons – each promoting an offer from a local business – which fit “neatly into a purse or wallet”.
The card is sold for �10 by organisations and good causes, which keep �5.
Mrs Hutchison said she was pleased with the uptake so far.
You may also want to watch:
“Peel2Save is a fantastic idea,” she said. “It has been working very well in the USA for many years.
“It’s a real community initiative, giving businesses the opportunity to promote themselves to local people. The offers have real value and broad appeal, there is something for everyone.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
“Anyone who spends �10 on a card will soon recoup their money and will have also raised �5 for a charity or good cause. It’s a definite win-win for businesses, good causes and consumers.”
Valid for 12 months, the card contains offers from 30 different companies with the over �500 of offers.
Some of the great offers available include up to 25 per cent off your food bill at Dish Restaurant, savings at Meze and Maze, Gluttons, The Coach and Horses, clothing retailers, car wash services, Saffron Screen and Tumbledowns plus many more.
Charities already selling the Peel2Save card are Riding for the Disabled, Guide groups, Newport Primary School, Wimbish, Primary School, Saffron Hawks and Wendens Ambo Mini Rugby.
• The official launch is on November 2 between 5-6.30pm at Dish Restaurant where more information will be available.