Barn Nursery near Thaxted turns 20
A FIRST-RATE nursery with its very own farm animals is celebrating 20 years of playing a major part in the community.
Pre-school children aged between two and five have been going to The Barn Nursery near Thaxted since September 1990 – and what a time they have there.
A swathe of farm animals have been growing up with the facility and as a result the children reap the full benefits of a rural surrounding with a friendly atmosphere.
Owner Julie Barnard says The Barn is a place for children to have fun and learn and the latest addition to this miniature animal kingdom is a Shetland Pony called ‘Applejack’.
“The children love to help feed and groom,” she said. “We spend as much time outdoors as we do indoors caring for all our animals. We also take part in digging, planting and tending our fruit and vegetable garden as well as engaging in forest activities in our very own wood.”
You may also want to watch:
The nursery has ample space and is still taking on children, It is open all year round from 8am until 6pm and has many members of excellent professional staff that live locally.
“We have become a valuable service in the community probably because we have tremendous fun but also the children learn lots,” said Mrs Barnard. “They are always in preparation for that move to big school.”
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 3 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 4 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 5 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 6 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 7 Runners raise more than £1,500 for Accuro in west Essex
- 8 Food collection and seasonal songs at R A Butler's harvest festival
- 9 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 10 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
The Barn Nursery can be found at Buckinghams Farm, Stanbrook, Thaxted. For more information call 01371 831262, e-mail email@example.com or visit the website at thebarnnursery.co.uk.