Barn Nursery near Thaxted turns 20
A FIRST-RATE nursery with its very own farm animals is celebrating 20 years of playing a major part in the community.
Pre-school children aged between two and five have been going to The Barn Nursery near Thaxted since September 1990 – and what a time they have there.
A swathe of farm animals have been growing up with the facility and as a result the children reap the full benefits of a rural surrounding with a friendly atmosphere.
Owner Julie Barnard says The Barn is a place for children to have fun and learn and the latest addition to this miniature animal kingdom is a Shetland Pony called ‘Applejack’.
“The children love to help feed and groom,” she said. “We spend as much time outdoors as we do indoors caring for all our animals. We also take part in digging, planting and tending our fruit and vegetable garden as well as engaging in forest activities in our very own wood.”
You may also want to watch:
The nursery has ample space and is still taking on children, It is open all year round from 8am until 6pm and has many members of excellent professional staff that live locally.
“We have become a valuable service in the community probably because we have tremendous fun but also the children learn lots,” said Mrs Barnard. “They are always in preparation for that move to big school.”
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
The Barn Nursery can be found at Buckinghams Farm, Stanbrook, Thaxted. For more information call 01371 831262, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at thebarnnursery.co.uk.