BBC broadcaster to hold garden design advice day in Newport
BBC broadcaster and author Caroline Tilston is holding a garden design advice day in Newport. Resident garden expert for House Beautiful magazine and author of many books on garden design, Saffron Walden-based Ms Tilston will be at R&R Saggers Plan
BBC broadcaster and author Caroline Tilston is holding a garden design advice day in Newport.
Resident garden expert for House Beautiful magazine and author of many books on garden design, Saffron Walden-based Ms Tilston will be at R&R Saggers Plant Nursery from 10am to 3pm on Saturday September 26. There she will be able to answer questions and give advice on garden design.
Ms Tilston said: "Autumn is a great time to rethink you garden, whether it's changing to borders, putting in paths or a complete rejig of the whole design.
"If you're stuck or need inspiration come along for some expert advice."
You may also want to watch:
Caroline Tilston has been designing gardens for over a decade and has written many books on garden design, most recently in the 'Garden Style Guides' series (John Wiley).
After taking a degree at Oxford University, Caroline trained as a gardener with the National Trust and then went on to win a rarely awarded distinction on the garden design course at Writtle College.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 10 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
She has won RHS awards for show gardens and writes regularly for the national press.
She has a monthly column in House Beautiful magazine and regularly appears on BBC radio gardening programmes.