BBC broadcaster to hold garden design advice day in Newport
BBC broadcaster and author Caroline Tilston is holding a garden design advice day in Newport. Resident garden expert for House Beautiful magazine and author of many books on garden design, Saffron Walden-based Ms Tilston will be at R&R Saggers Plan
BBC broadcaster and author Caroline Tilston is holding a garden design advice day in Newport.
Resident garden expert for House Beautiful magazine and author of many books on garden design, Saffron Walden-based Ms Tilston will be at R&R Saggers Plant Nursery from 10am to 3pm on Saturday September 26. There she will be able to answer questions and give advice on garden design.
Ms Tilston said: "Autumn is a great time to rethink you garden, whether it's changing to borders, putting in paths or a complete rejig of the whole design.
"If you're stuck or need inspiration come along for some expert advice."
You may also want to watch:
Caroline Tilston has been designing gardens for over a decade and has written many books on garden design, most recently in the 'Garden Style Guides' series (John Wiley).
After taking a degree at Oxford University, Caroline trained as a gardener with the National Trust and then went on to win a rarely awarded distinction on the garden design course at Writtle College.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 10 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
She has won RHS awards for show gardens and writes regularly for the national press.
She has a monthly column in House Beautiful magazine and regularly appears on BBC radio gardening programmes.