BBC broadcaster to hold garden design advice day in Newport
BBC broadcaster and author Caroline Tilston is holding a garden design advice day in Newport. Resident garden expert for House Beautiful magazine and author of many books on garden design, Saffron Walden-based Ms Tilston will be at R&R Saggers Plan
BBC broadcaster and author Caroline Tilston is holding a garden design advice day in Newport.
Resident garden expert for House Beautiful magazine and author of many books on garden design, Saffron Walden-based Ms Tilston will be at R&R Saggers Plant Nursery from 10am to 3pm on Saturday September 26. There she will be able to answer questions and give advice on garden design.
Ms Tilston said: "Autumn is a great time to rethink you garden, whether it's changing to borders, putting in paths or a complete rejig of the whole design.
"If you're stuck or need inspiration come along for some expert advice."
Caroline Tilston has been designing gardens for over a decade and has written many books on garden design, most recently in the 'Garden Style Guides' series (John Wiley).
After taking a degree at Oxford University, Caroline trained as a gardener with the National Trust and then went on to win a rarely awarded distinction on the garden design course at Writtle College.
- 1 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
- 2 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 3 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 4 Saffron Striders impress, Thompson strikes gold
- 5 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 6 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 7 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
She has won RHS awards for show gardens and writes regularly for the national press.
She has a monthly column in House Beautiful magazine and regularly appears on BBC radio gardening programmes.