BBC broadcaster to hold garden design advice day in Newport
BBC broadcaster and author Caroline Tilston is holding a garden design advice day in Newport. Resident garden expert for House Beautiful magazine and author of many books on garden design, Saffron Walden-based Ms Tilston will be at R&R Saggers Plan
BBC broadcaster and author Caroline Tilston is holding a garden design advice day in Newport.
Resident garden expert for House Beautiful magazine and author of many books on garden design, Saffron Walden-based Ms Tilston will be at R&R Saggers Plant Nursery from 10am to 3pm on Saturday September 26. There she will be able to answer questions and give advice on garden design.
Ms Tilston said: "Autumn is a great time to rethink you garden, whether it's changing to borders, putting in paths or a complete rejig of the whole design.
"If you're stuck or need inspiration come along for some expert advice."
You may also want to watch:
Caroline Tilston has been designing gardens for over a decade and has written many books on garden design, most recently in the 'Garden Style Guides' series (John Wiley).
After taking a degree at Oxford University, Caroline trained as a gardener with the National Trust and then went on to win a rarely awarded distinction on the garden design course at Writtle College.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
She has won RHS awards for show gardens and writes regularly for the national press.
She has a monthly column in House Beautiful magazine and regularly appears on BBC radio gardening programmes.