BBC broadcaster to hold garden design advice day in Newport
BBC broadcaster and author Caroline Tilston is holding a garden design advice day in Newport. Resident garden expert for House Beautiful magazine and author of many books on garden design, Saffron Walden-based Ms Tilston will be at R&R Saggers Plan
BBC broadcaster and author Caroline Tilston is holding a garden design advice day in Newport.
Resident garden expert for House Beautiful magazine and author of many books on garden design, Saffron Walden-based Ms Tilston will be at R&R Saggers Plant Nursery from 10am to 3pm on Saturday September 26. There she will be able to answer questions and give advice on garden design.
Ms Tilston said: "Autumn is a great time to rethink you garden, whether it's changing to borders, putting in paths or a complete rejig of the whole design.
"If you're stuck or need inspiration come along for some expert advice."
You may also want to watch:
Caroline Tilston has been designing gardens for over a decade and has written many books on garden design, most recently in the 'Garden Style Guides' series (John Wiley).
After taking a degree at Oxford University, Caroline trained as a gardener with the National Trust and then went on to win a rarely awarded distinction on the garden design course at Writtle College.
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 7 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 8 Historic books have new 'long loan' home to help researchers
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
She has won RHS awards for show gardens and writes regularly for the national press.
She has a monthly column in House Beautiful magazine and regularly appears on BBC radio gardening programmes.