BBC show films Felsted house
A FELSTED house looks set to become the county’s latest TV star, as cameras rolled at the property for the new series of ‘Escape to the Country’.
Producers of the BBC show chose the four bedroom house in Willows Green to appear in a future episode of the programme. Rutlands is on the market with Mullucks Wells, and was spotted by the programme’s researchers. The production team initially filmed the property to show the house-hunting couple, who then shortlisted it as a property they were keen to view.
Rutlands’ owner said: “It all happened very quickly. They contacted us on the Friday and were here on Monday morning to do the first viewing. We heard later in the day that the couple were interested in coming to have a look round, and they came on Wednesday.
“We can’t wait to see the house on TV. It’s expected to appear in the new series, which starts early next year. Perhaps we will have moved by then - so it’ll be very nostalgic to see the house again, with all our furniture in it.”
Mark Wagstaff, from Mullucks Wells, said: “It’s always good to have our beautiful part of Essex featured on TV – and even more so when the programme also shows one of our properties. It’s interesting to see how these programmes are put together and we look forward to seeing whether the couple that viewed the house go on to make an offer!”
You may also want to watch:
Rutlands is a Grade II listed former farmhouse that dates back to the 17th Century. It is on the market for �735,000. For more information, contact Mullucks Wells on 01371 872117.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100