BBC show films Felsted house
A FELSTED house looks set to become the county’s latest TV star, as cameras rolled at the property for the new series of ‘Escape to the Country’.
Producers of the BBC show chose the four bedroom house in Willows Green to appear in a future episode of the programme. Rutlands is on the market with Mullucks Wells, and was spotted by the programme’s researchers. The production team initially filmed the property to show the house-hunting couple, who then shortlisted it as a property they were keen to view.
Rutlands’ owner said: “It all happened very quickly. They contacted us on the Friday and were here on Monday morning to do the first viewing. We heard later in the day that the couple were interested in coming to have a look round, and they came on Wednesday.
“We can’t wait to see the house on TV. It’s expected to appear in the new series, which starts early next year. Perhaps we will have moved by then - so it’ll be very nostalgic to see the house again, with all our furniture in it.”
Mark Wagstaff, from Mullucks Wells, said: “It’s always good to have our beautiful part of Essex featured on TV – and even more so when the programme also shows one of our properties. It’s interesting to see how these programmes are put together and we look forward to seeing whether the couple that viewed the house go on to make an offer!”
You may also want to watch:
Rutlands is a Grade II listed former farmhouse that dates back to the 17th Century. It is on the market for �735,000. For more information, contact Mullucks Wells on 01371 872117.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 10 New on-call firefighters have joined stations