BBC unveils new Football League magazine show for the East of England
FORMER Ipswich Town and Republic of Ireland international Matt Holland is to front a new Monday night football league show that will give fans across the East of England unparalleled access to their teams. Late Kick Off will feature in depth covera
FORMER Ipswich Town and Republic of Ireland international Matt Holland is to front a new Monday night football league show that will give fans across the East of England unparalleled access to their teams.
Late Kick Off will feature in depth coverage behind-the-scenes, the teams, players, managers and backroom stories of all seven teams across the region including Norwich City, Ipswich Town, MK Dons, Colchester United, Peterborough United, Southend United and Northampton Town.
The show, which starts on January 18 on BBC One at 11.35pm will get right to the heart of local football with a mix of discussion, opinion, interviews and match analysis.
More than just a highlights programme, it promises to get to grips with the issues fans want to talk about as well as giving some insightful reports both on and off the pitch. Holland will bring his own sporting expertise to the programme.
He will be joined each week by different guests and pundits from the world of football to talk about the weekend's biggest games and talking points. There will also be regular features, such as player profiles, a regular dip into the archives, and an opportunity for supporters to share their views on what's happening at their clubs and the game in general.
Holland said: "I'm very much looking forward to presenting Late Kick Off in the East. I'm hoping as an ex-player to provide fans with in depth match analysis but also to go behind the scenes at their club and give an insight to life outside the 90 minutes."
- 1 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 2 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
- 3 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 4 Saffron Striders impress, Thompson strikes gold
- 5 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 6 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 8 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 9 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
Late kick Off for the East will be filmed at the East of England Production Innovation Centre (EPIC), in Norwich, which is one of the most advanced studio production centres in Europe.
Late Kick Off complements coverage of the Football League which returned to the BBC in August for the first time since 1988 building on the success of the network highlights programme, The Football League Show, along with live coverage of two Carling Cup semi finals and the League final.
Along with action from the Premier League on Match Of The Day and BBC Radio 5 Live, the BBC provides sports fans with access to all the goals and all the action, the length and breadth of the country.