Be Chlamydia Aware – get yourself tested for chlamydia with a DIY kit from your local pharmacy today
SEXUALLY active young people can opt for a free, confidential and simple DIY self test.
No examination is involved and requesting your test kit by text message couldn’t be easier, says chlamydia screening co-ordinator Louise Palmer at NHS West Essex.
“Just text the word KIT to 60155 with your name, age, address and sex for your free chlamydia testing kit, or pop into your local pharmacy for one,” advises Louise.
Those aged between 16 and 24 years are being urged to find out for themselves if they are the one in 10 with chlamydia. One of the fastest growing sexually-transmitted infections affecting this age group, there are often no signs or symptoms, so screening is all-important to detect it.
Untreated it can lead to further infections and infertility in males and females.
You may also want to watch:
“Just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean you don’t have it,” said Louise. “All 16 to 24-year-olds are advised to test annually or each time they have a new partner.
Test now and be sure you are not the one in 10.”
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
Log onto westessexpct.nhs.uk/yourhealth/chlamydia.php or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information, and details of where you can get tested.
Free and confidential chlamydia testing is also available at the following pharmacies, just ask at the counter for a kit:
Asda Pharmacy, Watergardens Harlow
Addison Pharmacy, Hamstel Rd Harlow
Boots, High rd Loughton
Boots, Market Place, Saffron Walden
Dee’s Pharmacy, Roydon
Easter Pharmacy, Buckhurst Hill
Elgon Pharmacy, Nazeing
Leech & Burton Pharmacy, Loughton
Medicare Pharmacy, Broadly Rd, Harlow
Metwest Pharmacy, Staple Tye, Harlow
Netteswell Pharmacy Pypers Hatch, Harlow North Weald Pharmacy, High Rd, North Weald
Safedale Pharmacy, 26 Queens Rd, Buckhurst Hill
Theydon Bois Pharmacy, 10 Forest Dr, Theydon Bois
The Potter St Pharmacy, Potter Street, Harlow