Be prepared... Essex Resilience and Community Safety Roadshow in Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
Find out how to prepare for emergencies and have fun at the same time at the Essex Resilience and Community Safety Roadshow, organised by Uttlesford District Council and Essex County Fire & Rescue Service.
The free event takes place at Saffron Walden Fire Station on Saturday (June 7), from 10am-4pm. It will inform people how to be prepared for an emergency and how to keep their family and homes safe.
There are lots of exhibits, plus one or two challenges to take part in, as well as prizes and giveaways.
Emergency services and other partners, including the fire service, Essex Police, East of England Ambulance Service, NHS, Military Bomb Disposal Team, Environment Agency Essex Flood Risk Management Team, British Red Cross, BT Resilience, Raynet, Essex Land Rover Rescue and Crime Prevention will be there (subject to operational requirements).
UDC officers will also be on hand to provide advice and information on environmental health, housing (tenant participation) and the animal warden will be microchipping dogs free of charge, as well as advising on how to manage pets in an emergency.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors can also learn about home and workplace fire safety or pick up a template for home emergency plans. There will be afternoon cream teas available at the Garden Room next door to the fire station.
Cllr Alastair Walters, cabinet member for community safety said: “I do hope that as many residents as possible come along to the Essex Resilience Roadshow to learn more about planning for emergencies. I am sure they will pick up a great deal of information, which will be invaluable before, during and after an emergency.”
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 4 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'