Become a volunteer at Saffron Hall
- Credit: Archant
PREPARATIONS for the opening of Saffron Hall are gathering pace, and an invitation is being issued to all those interested in becoming a volunteer.
Voluntary roles include selling tickets on the door, working as ushers, programme sellers, cloakroom attendants and, on occasion, traffic marshals.
Saffron Hall has taken nearly two years and almost £10million to complete, replacing the 1950s assembly hall at Saffron Walden County High School with a multi-purpose space seating up to 730. The tiered seating and floor space can be configured to suit a wide variety of events, including exhibitions and conferences.
The hall also features state-of-the-art acoustics that can be adjusted to suit a range of needs from the spoken word to a symphony orchestra .
It is already in use by County High students and staff for school events, rehearsals and assemblies – will open officially as a public performance space with a long weekend of events in late November, heralding the start of a varied and impressive programme over the coming months.
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, contact Emily Robb at Saffron Hall via e-mail (email@example.com) or telephone: 01799-513030 ext 319.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital