Become a volunteer at Saffron Hall
- Credit: Archant
PREPARATIONS for the opening of Saffron Hall are gathering pace, and an invitation is being issued to all those interested in becoming a volunteer.
Voluntary roles include selling tickets on the door, working as ushers, programme sellers, cloakroom attendants and, on occasion, traffic marshals.
Saffron Hall has taken nearly two years and almost £10million to complete, replacing the 1950s assembly hall at Saffron Walden County High School with a multi-purpose space seating up to 730. The tiered seating and floor space can be configured to suit a wide variety of events, including exhibitions and conferences.
The hall also features state-of-the-art acoustics that can be adjusted to suit a range of needs from the spoken word to a symphony orchestra .
It is already in use by County High students and staff for school events, rehearsals and assemblies – will open officially as a public performance space with a long weekend of events in late November, heralding the start of a varied and impressive programme over the coming months.
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, contact Emily Robb at Saffron Hall via e-mail (email@example.com) or telephone: 01799-513030 ext 319.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections