Berden fete still going ahead despite saboteurs saying event is cancelled
- Credit: Archant
Berden Village Fete is still planned for tomorrow (Saturday) despite a saboteur defacing promotional signs with cancelled stickers.
Organisers are today (Friday) going around all the fete signs, from Saffron Walden and Braughing to Bishop’s Stortford and Buntingford, after vandals put the “professionally printed” cancelled stickers on the signs last night.
Mark Trapmore spotted the signs were sabotaged as he rode through the Pelhams to work at 7.30am today.
John Burton, chairman of the Berden fete committee, said: “Berden fete is on tomorrow, Saturday July 16, from 2pm in the fantastic grounds of Berden Hall.
“It’s always a really well attended event offering a great day out for all the family with music, dancing, a wide range of stalls and activities plus a grand draw with amazing prizes.
You may also want to watch:
“This deliberate act of vandalism is so unnecessary and we won’t let it stop us putting in a great event.
“Our gates will be open to welcome you to our amazing village fete. A highlight of the summer season and we look forward to seeing you from 2pm.”
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 9 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 10 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes