‘Best ever’ Elsenham Flower Show attracts 400 entries
- Credit: Archant
Elsenham Flower Show in the village hall on Saturday, August 20, was the best ever according to the organisers, with over 400 entries.
Show secretary Sue Johnson said: “This was the best show we have ever had. It was our 31st year and we had more entries than ever before.
“Elsenham is expanding and it was lovely to have entries from the newcomers.”
The overall winner of the Parish Council Shield was Peter Cranfield who won best vegetable exhibit and best exhibit in the show.
The winner of the Chapel End Nursery Cup for flowers was Alex Lucas. Most points for produce (jams, chutneys and preserves) was won by Karen Pitcher. The Super Cook Cup for baking went to Gloria Eatson. The Jubilee Cup for flower arranging was presented to Julia Hardy, who was also joint winner of the Woollvin Cup for handicrafts, with Chris Samuel.
You may also want to watch:
Photography was won by Stephen Hardy, jointly with Charlotte Luckett.
The winner of the Margaret Hockley Memorial Cup in the children’s section was Charlie Childerley, who entered a flower arrangement, an edible vegetable dinosaur and a picture made of seeds.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 9 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 10 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes