Big film quiz raises money for Saffron Screen
SAFFRON Screen’s second annual BIG Film Quiz has raised almost �1,000 towards the ongoing running costs of the independent cinema.
Held at the United Reformed Church Hall, the event saw 11 teams battle it out, testing their film trivia, enjoying a fun night and raising money to support the not-for-profit organisation.
Although the light-hearted competition was fierce, ‘Nexus 5’ took the top prize, and the night raised a total of �880.
Nexus 5 team included Sarah Colliety, Tasha and Sean Donelan, John, Sarah Kirkpatrick and Mark Starte. Reflecting on the night, team captain Mark Starte said: “We all very much enjoyed this exciting evening of film fun and look forward to vigorously defending our title next year.”
Chairman fo Saffron Screen, Rebecca del Tufo, said: “The money raised through the BIG Film Quiz and our Friends of Saffron Screen scheme ensures that Saffron Screen can meet costs and keep ticket prices lower than our competitors.
You may also want to watch:
“This good news means that families will continue to find great value at Saffron Screen. The independent cinema’s ticket and refreshment prices are already much lower than at the multiplexes and free parking is always available.
“It is worth visiting your local cinema for a really good deal.”
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
Tickets for films and further information for upcoming films is available online at saffronscreen.com, from the Tourist Information Centre in Saffron Walden, or at the Box Office.