Big Lottery funding for advice services in Uttlesford
AN Uttlesford charity has been awarded more than £100,000 to support its advice services.
The Citizens Advice Bureau announced today (Wednesday) that the Big Lottery planned to make an award of £107,876 to the charity to support developments in advice provision across the district over the next two years.
CAB manager Kate Robson said: “This funding will allow us to work more closely with various advice providers to improve the range and access of services to people living in Uttlesford.
“Funding will also be used to support the development of a referral system. This can be used by other organisations and groups to ensure that they can quickly and simply find out which services are available in order to make secure and effective referrals to advice and community support organisations active in the district.
“Every group and organisation who decides to be part of this project will be making advice services easier to access for the people that they help.”
You may also want to watch:
Essex Age UK, West Essex Macmillans and the Royal Association for Deaf People have already expressed their delight at the Big Lottery’s support of the project.
CVSU stated that: “We believe this project will help create a lasting legacy of easy to access help and advice delivered to local people by local partners.”
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
And Judith Snares, Uttlesford District Council’s Housing Needs and Landlord Services manager, added: “All advice providers are under enormous pressure to cope with the level of complexity and degree of problems people are asking for help with. We are delighted to be working with other groups to ensure that people we are helping get the best support possible.”
Mrs Robson added: “In challenging times we really all need to work together to give the best help we can to people needing support and advice, I would urge any Uttlesford service provider, organisation or community support groups who would be interested in using referrals to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org’.
Uttlesford CAB helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing information and advice, and by influencing policy makers. It has offices and outreaches in Saffron Walden, Great Dunmow, Stansted Mountfitchet, Carver Barracks and Thaxted. To make an appointment call 01799 618840.