Billy Byrne of BBC’s DIY SOS fame grants wishes for warmth this winter
TELEVISION personality Billy Byrne got festive this week by dressing up as a Christmas fairy at Hatfield House to launch the Herts Essex Energy Partnership (HEEP) boiler campaign, which is offering homeowners grants to heat their home this winter. Hertfor
TELEVISION personality Billy Byrne got festive this week by dressing up as a Christmas fairy at Hatfield House to launch the Herts Essex Energy Partnership (HEEP) boiler campaign, which is offering homeowners grants to heat their home this winter.
Hertfordshire-born and bred Billy - best known as the team joker on BBC's DIY SOS - said: "Helping people improve their homes is close to my heart and that's why I'm backing the Herts Essex boiler campaign. Spare a thought for how you're going to keep your family and friends warm this winter.
"A simple freephone call to 0800 980 6026 could put you on track for help towards installing a new gas condensing boiler in your home, which will save you both energy and money. And who wouldn't want a bit more cash in their pocket leading up to Christmas!"
If your boiler is G-rated and over 20 years old and you are in receipt of a means tested benefit, you may be eligible for a FREE upgrade.
You may also want to watch:
HEEP is a government-funded and council-approved scheme made up of 15 local authorities, including Uttlesford. Together these local authorities are working to tackle fuel poverty and help improve energy efficiency in homes across Hertfordshire and Essex.
Freephone 0800 980 6026 to find out more or go to www.heepgrant.org
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 3 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 4 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Food collection and seasonal songs at R A Butler's harvest festival
- 8 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 9 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 10 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book