Birthday twenty/20 cricket match for club
A HOST of international and county cricket stars will be taking part in a twenty/20 match to help Saffron Walden Cricket Club to celebrate its 150th birthday. The fundraising game will be played at the club s ground at the Anglo American Playing Fields, C
A HOST of international and county cricket stars will be taking part in a twenty/20 match to help Saffron Walden Cricket Club to celebrate its 150th birthday.
The fundraising game will be played at the club's ground at the Anglo American Playing Fields, Catons Lane, on Wednesday (July 1).
Organiser Andrew Arnold said: "It should be a really fun day for anybody who wants to come down and watch some great cricket.
"This is a really special anniversary for our club and it's a way of recognising all the players that have come through our ranks and gone on to play for club and country.
You may also want to watch:
"The day will also help us to raise money for our academy which has about 300 children on its books."
Players expected to take part in the match include Essex captain Mark Pettini and big-hitting batsman Graham Napier.
- 1 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 2 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 3 Buses replace trains while train tracks are replaced
- 4 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 5 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 6 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 7 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 8 Electric cars for SMT GB staff
- 9 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 10 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
Gates open at 3pm and the match starts at 4pm. Admission is �5 for adults and �2 for children which is payable on the gate. A barbeque and refreshments are available.