Black Notley: Road is closed after traffic collision, motorcyclist suffers life-threatening injuries
POLICE investigating a serious road traffic collision in Black Notley are advising motorists the road is currently closed.
Officers were contacted at 11am this morning (Wednesday May 30) with reports of a collision between a motorcycle and a bus at the junction of Witham Road and Church Road.
The motorcyclist, a 23-year-old man from Chelmsford, was airlifted to the Royal London Hospital with life-threatening head and stomach injuries.
The driver of the bus, a woman from Braintree, and the small number of passengers on board, were uninjured. The bus was travelling towards Braintree.
Officers estimate the road will be opened before rush hour.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021