Black Notley: Road is closed after traffic collision, motorcyclist suffers life-threatening injuries
POLICE investigating a serious road traffic collision in Black Notley are advising motorists the road is currently closed.
Officers were contacted at 11am this morning (Wednesday May 30) with reports of a collision between a motorcycle and a bus at the junction of Witham Road and Church Road.
The motorcyclist, a 23-year-old man from Chelmsford, was airlifted to the Royal London Hospital with life-threatening head and stomach injuries.
The driver of the bus, a woman from Braintree, and the small number of passengers on board, were uninjured. The bus was travelling towards Braintree.
Officers estimate the road will be opened before rush hour.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 7 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event