Black Notley: Road is closed after traffic collision, motorcyclist suffers life-threatening injuries
POLICE investigating a serious road traffic collision in Black Notley are advising motorists the road is currently closed.
Officers were contacted at 11am this morning (Wednesday May 30) with reports of a collision between a motorcycle and a bus at the junction of Witham Road and Church Road.
The motorcyclist, a 23-year-old man from Chelmsford, was airlifted to the Royal London Hospital with life-threatening head and stomach injuries.
The driver of the bus, a woman from Braintree, and the small number of passengers on board, were uninjured. The bus was travelling towards Braintree.
Officers estimate the road will be opened before rush hour.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Stations benefit from funding
- 3 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 4 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 5 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 6 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford