Black Notley: Road is closed after traffic collision, motorcyclist suffers life-threatening injuries
POLICE investigating a serious road traffic collision in Black Notley are advising motorists the road is currently closed.
Officers were contacted at 11am this morning (Wednesday May 30) with reports of a collision between a motorcycle and a bus at the junction of Witham Road and Church Road.
The motorcyclist, a 23-year-old man from Chelmsford, was airlifted to the Royal London Hospital with life-threatening head and stomach injuries.
The driver of the bus, a woman from Braintree, and the small number of passengers on board, were uninjured. The bus was travelling towards Braintree.
Officers estimate the road will be opened before rush hour.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 4 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 7 Pets' Corner: Ben Fogle's plea over Bonfire Night
- 8 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 9 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport