Blitz musical raises the roof
A THEATRE company received a standing ovation after they blitzed their performance of a Second World War musical. Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company (SWMTC) Youth Group presented Lionel Bart s spectacular musical Blitz! to a large audience. More tha
A THEATRE company received a standing ovation after they blitzed their performance of a Second World War musical.
Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company (SWMTC) Youth Group presented Lionel Bart's spectacular musical Blitz! to a large audience.
More than 50 youngsters took to the stage at Saffron Walden Town Hall to bring the epic events of the war to life.
A number people who watched the performance wrote to the Reporter to say what a fantastic evening they had had.
Secretary of the Saffron Walden St Raphael Club for the Physically Disabled, Betty Thompson, said: "The club had a most enjoyable evening when they visited the town hall to see Blitz!
"They certainly made a good job of it all considering there actors were far too young to have had any experience of this era. It most certainly did bring back many memories to many of us, some of these being very happy and some of course very sad."
- 1 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 2 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 3 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 4 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 5 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 6 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 7 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 8 Bumper weekend of Christmas events set for Saffron Walden
- 9 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
- 10 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
Pianist Paul Harris from Walden Music said: "Having being asked to be the rehearsal pianist, I have witnessed from start to finish the marvellous team work and dedication from all who were involved, including costumes, set design and the sound and lighting teams."
The show was directed by West End performer Sarah Clark and professional choreographer Sue Raven.
Building fast on the success of Blitz!, SWMTC Youth Group will be presenting another show in the autumn. Anyone interested in joining the company, as a performer or as part of the production team, should contact the Fiona Wilson Waterworth on 07799 628977 or email Fiona@parkerdavies.com.