Blues Brothers to commence Saffron Walden Carnival 2011
SAFFRON Walden’s very own Blues Brothers band was this week announced as Saffron Walden Round Table Carnival’s opening Saturday night headline act on July 2, 2011.
With hits such as Everybody needs somebody to love, Sweet home Chicago and Minnie the Moocher, the towns favourite band will play for just one night and one night only but also this will be their final appearance as they bow out after over 21 years.
The band, made up predominantly of local musicians, has been a regular at every Carnival dating back to the late 1980’s and often attracting crowds of over 1500.
Event organiser Nick Head said: “The Blues Brothers band has been a huge contributor to the Carnival with all the members giving much of their time to play for very little money.
“It was the committee’s collective wish that the band were thanked for everything they have done and the best way to do this was to give them the stage on a Saturday night and to open the event up to families.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event will go on sale in the New Year once the new look website has been launched.
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 3 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 4 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 6 Town council backs new support club
- 7 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 10 Greater Anglia temporarily reduces train services due to pandemic