Blues Brothers to commence Saffron Walden Carnival 2011
SAFFRON Walden’s very own Blues Brothers band was this week announced as Saffron Walden Round Table Carnival’s opening Saturday night headline act on July 2, 2011.
With hits such as Everybody needs somebody to love, Sweet home Chicago and Minnie the Moocher, the towns favourite band will play for just one night and one night only but also this will be their final appearance as they bow out after over 21 years.
The band, made up predominantly of local musicians, has been a regular at every Carnival dating back to the late 1980’s and often attracting crowds of over 1500.
Event organiser Nick Head said: “The Blues Brothers band has been a huge contributor to the Carnival with all the members giving much of their time to play for very little money.
“It was the committee’s collective wish that the band were thanked for everything they have done and the best way to do this was to give them the stage on a Saturday night and to open the event up to families.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event will go on sale in the New Year once the new look website has been launched.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 4 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 5 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 6 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 7 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 8 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision