bmibay touchdown at London Stansted Airport
LOW COST airline bmibaby will touch down for the first time at London Stansted today (28 March 2011), marking the launch of a new direct connection to George Best Belfast City Airport.
bmibaby, part of the bmi group, will operate up to 16 flights a week from Stansted to Belfast City Airport. With up to three flights a day and fares as low as �19.99 one way the route will prove extremely popular with both business and leisure travellers.
Home to visitor attractions such as Titanic’s Dock & Pumphouse and world class venues like Waterfront Hall, Belfast is fast becoming a must-visit city for the discerning traveller.
The new route boosts Stansted’s flight capacity to Northern Ireland and also provides inbound business passengers with increased access to the City of London, Canary Wharf, as well as high-tech industries around Cambridge and direct access to the East of England.
“I’m delighted to welcome bmibaby as the airline launches its first services from Stansted,” said Stansted Airport’s managing director, Nick Barton.
You may also want to watch:
“bmibaby will operate up to 32 services a week to and from Stansted so this is not only exciting news for leisure travellers, keen to explore Belfast City’s highlights, but I’m sure the route will be very popular with business travellers reliant on direct flight connections to and from Belfast.
“With tickets for the London 2012 Olympic Games having recently gone on sale, and Stansted well positioned as the closest major airport to the Olympic Village, these new flights will also be welcome news for visitors from Northern Ireland seeking convenient access to the games.”
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
Julian Carr, managing director, bmibaby, said: “Today is the start of our new service from London Stansted to Belfast City Airport. We are the only low cost carrier to operate this route and provide convenient flight times and a high frequency service to the heart of Belfast.
“We are a low cost airline that offers a high quality service with low fares to great European destinations. As this is our first route from Stansted we look forward to welcoming people from the region on board our airline.”
•Flights operate three times a day Monday to Friday, once on Sunday
•Fares from �19.99 one way including all taxes
•Free allocated seating at check in and generous 22kg checked in luggage allowance
•Customers can also register for bmi Diamond Club – the UK’s most generous frequent flyer programme