Bodies found in neighbouring homes
POLICE are investigating the deaths of two neighbours in their separate homes in Braintree.
The bodies of the men, who lived on Eagle Lane, were discovered during the late afternoon on Sunday (Jan 15), and enquiries are continuing to establish the sequence of events leading to the deaths.
The deaths are being treated as suspicious and both scenes are being forensically examined. Post mortem examinations are expected to take place in the next 48 hours.
One of the men has been named as Alan Taylor who was aged 59. The second man has not yet been formally identified. It is not believed that they were related.
Detectives from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate are investigating these deaths thoroughly and will be in a position to give more information when they have established exactly what has happened at these two addresses.
You may also want to watch:
The enquiry is focusing on the movements of the men or activity in Eagle Lane since January 1, 2012.
Anyone with information should contact Essex Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand