Bodies found in neighbouring homes
POLICE are investigating the deaths of two neighbours in their separate homes in Braintree.
The bodies of the men, who lived on Eagle Lane, were discovered during the late afternoon on Sunday (Jan 15), and enquiries are continuing to establish the sequence of events leading to the deaths.
The deaths are being treated as suspicious and both scenes are being forensically examined. Post mortem examinations are expected to take place in the next 48 hours.
One of the men has been named as Alan Taylor who was aged 59. The second man has not yet been formally identified. It is not believed that they were related.
Detectives from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate are investigating these deaths thoroughly and will be in a position to give more information when they have established exactly what has happened at these two addresses.
You may also want to watch:
The enquiry is focusing on the movements of the men or activity in Eagle Lane since January 1, 2012.
Anyone with information should contact Essex Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 6 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 7 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 9 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital