Bodies found in neighbouring homes
POLICE are investigating the deaths of two neighbours in their separate homes in Braintree.
The bodies of the men, who lived on Eagle Lane, were discovered during the late afternoon on Sunday (Jan 15), and enquiries are continuing to establish the sequence of events leading to the deaths.
The deaths are being treated as suspicious and both scenes are being forensically examined. Post mortem examinations are expected to take place in the next 48 hours.
One of the men has been named as Alan Taylor who was aged 59. The second man has not yet been formally identified. It is not believed that they were related.
Detectives from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate are investigating these deaths thoroughly and will be in a position to give more information when they have established exactly what has happened at these two addresses.
You may also want to watch:
The enquiry is focusing on the movements of the men or activity in Eagle Lane since January 1, 2012.
Anyone with information should contact Essex Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold