Book a date at card shop in Saffron Walden Library
A MULTI-CHARITY card shop will be opening at Saffron Walden Library from today (Friday) in time for the run up to Christmas. Cards for Good Causes will represent over 30 charities including Addenbrooke s Kidney Patient s Association, Breakthrough Breast C
A MULTI-CHARITY card shop will be opening at Saffron Walden Library from today (Friday) in time for the run up to Christmas.
Cards for Good Causes will represent over 30 charities including Addenbrooke's Kidney Patient's Association, Breakthrough Breast Cancer, National Animal Welfare and Parkinson's giving customers a varied choice of designs and the ability to support the charity of their choice.
Area organiser, Mary Cronin, said: "Christmas card sales are an important fundraising source for charities and in buying cards you are making a valuable contribution to their work.
"Cards for Good Causes aims to offer the widest possible choice of charity cards and to present its charities with as much money as possible each year."
Cards for Good Causes has a network of around 350 temporary shops that open nationwide in the approach to Christmas. Over the past five years it has received over �20 million from the card sales.
Due to low costs, Cards for Good Causes is able to donate 75p from every pound raised to the charities the cards represent.
- 1 Delayed 350 homes development approved
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 6 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 7 Saffron Walden girls enjoy first festival outing
- 8 Flashmob choir, free lessons: Latest Ukraine support
- 9 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 10 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
The shop at Saffron Walden Library will be open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 4pm, until Friday December 18. For more details visit www.cardsforcharity.co.uk