Bottles of rare wine vintage could fetch £24,000 at auction
- Credit: Archant
TWENTY-ONE bottles of an excellent Burgundy vintage could fetch more than £24,000 when they go under the hammer at Sworders Fine Art Auctioneers next week.
The Fine Wine and Port sale is taking place at the auctioneers’ saleroom in Stansted Mountfitchet next Tuesday (March 19).
The wine, Echezaux Grand Cru, Henri Jayer, produced in 1999 is from a small prestigious grower in the Burgundy region of France and rarely comes up for sale.
Sworder’s wine specialist, Dick Burge, said, “This is an exciting opportunity to buy a really great wine which has been perfectly cellared and is in a mint condition.
“The wine and port coming up for sale at this auction is one of the best and balanced selections we’ve seen. We have a bottle of port dating back to 1904 and an old Madeira, bottled in 1853.
You may also want to watch:
“In addition, there are some excellent old cognacs and armagnacs due to be auctioned, and a comprehensive slate of Claret, all first growths, as well Cheval Blancs and Petrus.”
Another extremely rare lot going under the hammer is a very high quality wine, Chateau D’Yquem, from 1928, which has been kept in a temperature controlled cellar and was re-corked in 1990. This is one of the most expensive white wines in the world and has a guide price of between £1700 and £2,200.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
The Fine Wine and Port sale starts at 11am.