Bottles of rare wine vintage could fetch £24,000 at auction
- Credit: Archant
TWENTY-ONE bottles of an excellent Burgundy vintage could fetch more than £24,000 when they go under the hammer at Sworders Fine Art Auctioneers next week.
The Fine Wine and Port sale is taking place at the auctioneers’ saleroom in Stansted Mountfitchet next Tuesday (March 19).
The wine, Echezaux Grand Cru, Henri Jayer, produced in 1999 is from a small prestigious grower in the Burgundy region of France and rarely comes up for sale.
Sworder’s wine specialist, Dick Burge, said, “This is an exciting opportunity to buy a really great wine which has been perfectly cellared and is in a mint condition.
“The wine and port coming up for sale at this auction is one of the best and balanced selections we’ve seen. We have a bottle of port dating back to 1904 and an old Madeira, bottled in 1853.
You may also want to watch:
“In addition, there are some excellent old cognacs and armagnacs due to be auctioned, and a comprehensive slate of Claret, all first growths, as well Cheval Blancs and Petrus.”
Another extremely rare lot going under the hammer is a very high quality wine, Chateau D’Yquem, from 1928, which has been kept in a temperature controlled cellar and was re-corked in 1990. This is one of the most expensive white wines in the world and has a guide price of between £1700 and £2,200.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
The Fine Wine and Port sale starts at 11am.