Boy racer from Essex to appear on Dangerous Drivers’ School TV show
A BOY racer from Ugley is to appear in a new television series aimed at tackling dangerous drivers.
Harry Middleton will feature in episode two of Channel 5’s Dangerous Drivers’ School. The 25-year-old was put forward for the programme – designed to change the ways of some of the UK’s worst qualified motorists – by his fianc�e Samantha Guy.
Terrified of his speedy driving, Samantha decided enough was enough after watching Harry routinely steering with his knees while eating, talking on his mobile phone and tailgating.
She called in the help of AA Driving School instructor, Sarah Dean.
Harry said: “I didn’t quite know what to think when I found out Sam had signed me up for the course, but it did make me realise how much my driving must have been worrying her, so I thought I’d give it a go.
You may also want to watch:
“It has changed aspects of my driving – I’m definitely a lot more relaxed and less aggressive when I drive now. Sam’s much happier in the car with me too.
“I enjoyed the whole experience. Sarah was cool, she really knows her stuff and I’m looking forward to seeing the programme.”
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 6 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
Sarah was part of a team of expert instructors filmed giving two-hour long Drive Confident and Drive Smart lessons, run through the AA Charitable Trust, for the series.
She said: “Harry’s driving habits were really dangerous so I hope for his sake, and everyone else on the roads, he has continued to use the safer driving techniques we went through during our session.”
The show comes in the wake of research by the AA suggesting that more than one in 10 UK driving licence holders – about 3.9million – do not think they would pass their driving test if they had to re-take it.
? Harry will be starring in Dangerous Drivers’ School on Channel 5 on Wednesday October 26 at 8pm.