Boy racer from Essex to appear on Dangerous Drivers’ School TV show
A BOY racer from Ugley is to appear in a new television series aimed at tackling dangerous drivers.
Harry Middleton will feature in episode two of Channel 5’s Dangerous Drivers’ School. The 25-year-old was put forward for the programme – designed to change the ways of some of the UK’s worst qualified motorists – by his fianc�e Samantha Guy.
Terrified of his speedy driving, Samantha decided enough was enough after watching Harry routinely steering with his knees while eating, talking on his mobile phone and tailgating.
She called in the help of AA Driving School instructor, Sarah Dean.
Harry said: “I didn’t quite know what to think when I found out Sam had signed me up for the course, but it did make me realise how much my driving must have been worrying her, so I thought I’d give it a go.
You may also want to watch:
“It has changed aspects of my driving – I’m definitely a lot more relaxed and less aggressive when I drive now. Sam’s much happier in the car with me too.
“I enjoyed the whole experience. Sarah was cool, she really knows her stuff and I’m looking forward to seeing the programme.”
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
Sarah was part of a team of expert instructors filmed giving two-hour long Drive Confident and Drive Smart lessons, run through the AA Charitable Trust, for the series.
She said: “Harry’s driving habits were really dangerous so I hope for his sake, and everyone else on the roads, he has continued to use the safer driving techniques we went through during our session.”
The show comes in the wake of research by the AA suggesting that more than one in 10 UK driving licence holders – about 3.9million – do not think they would pass their driving test if they had to re-take it.
? Harry will be starring in Dangerous Drivers’ School on Channel 5 on Wednesday October 26 at 8pm.